Up Beet! Seed Libraries Forum firstname.lastname@example.orgPLEASE READ THIS:
Seeds are a commons. Seed libraries are a means of keeping seeds in the hands of the people. The saving of local seeds helps us to maintain and celebrate food, place, and culture. The purpose of this group is to share best practices around seed libraries and seed saving. It is also a forum to discuss challenges and solutions to creating and maintaining local seed stock in a time of climate crisis.
HOW TO USE:
1. You are required to use hashtags when you post. This will make it easier to have a conversation when there are lots of users.
2. In settings, you can set your email preferences to receive digests to minimize the number of emails. Another option is that you can mute or follow hashtags. This will make the use of this group platform more helpful to you.
3. Post topics that are relevant to seed libraries and exchanges. Do not ask general gardening questions. Please find a local gardening group or in the United States, contact your local master gardeners. Asking questions about seed saving is appropriate.
4. You may create subgroups that meet a specific need or serve a particular region. This will allow you to have side conversations with those people.
5. We have very limited storage capacity. Do not post lots of photos. The maximum size is limited. If we hit our capacity limit, older posts will automatically be deleted.
6. You may post calendar events. If the calendar becomes too crowded then we may decide to limit posts to longer classes, such as day-long events.
7. We are committed to inclusion and creating a compassionate world. Please be thoughtful in writing your posts. We also reserve our right to suspend you from our network in case we find you are in violation of our guidelines (after communicating and doing our best to settle the issue with you first).
8. This is a dynamic platform and we are figuring it out as we go. If there is a hashtag, that you think we should add or you have other suggestions on how to make this online platform more valuable, email us at email@example.com.
9. Check out the Wiki for extra tips on how to get the most out of this forum.
- All members can post to the group.
- Posts to this group do not require approval from the moderators.
- Posts from new users require approval from the moderators.
- Messages are set to reply to group.
- Subscriptions to this group do not require approval from the moderators.
- Archives are visible to anyone.
- Wiki is visible to anyone.
- Posts must be tagged with at least one hashtag.
- Members can edit their messages.
- Members can set their subscriptions to no email.
Top Hashtags [See All]
- #Other A topic that is not covered by the other hashtags 6 topics
- #Calendar 4 topics
- #NewSeedLibrary Use this hashtag if you have a question about starting a seed library. 4 topics
- #COVID-19 3 topics
- #GettingSeeds Where and how to get seeds for your seed library or exchange 3 topics
- #NativeSeeds 3 topics
- #Database If you have questions, comments, or suggestions about databases or catalogs use this hashtag. 2 topics
- #VictoryGardens 2 topics
- #OneSeedOneCommunity Use this hashtag if you have resources or questions about the One Seed, One Community project. It is a project where a community grows one type of seed together. 2 topics
- #ClimateResilience Questions and comments about plant adaptation and local resilience in a time of climate crisis. Drought tolerant variety recommendations and dry farming are other ideas that fit in this hashtag. 1 topics