#Calendar Slow Food Live - Seed Saving with Jeff, Hillie and Ben #Calendar

Hillie Salo

A SLOW FOOD SKILL-SHARE SERIES TO WATCH AND LEARN AT HOME.

https://slowfoodusa.org/slow-food-live/

Seed Saving: Preserving biodiversity and building community

Seed saving is a valuable tool for food sovereignty, and as we see with the pandemic, the time is now for seed and food sovereignty. Seed saving also preserves food biodiversity and builds community. Learn how to plan to save seeds, the processes involved and how to build community while preserving food biodiversity.

Jeff Quattrone is co-chair of the Slow Food USA Northeast Ark of Taste Committee as well as the founder of Library Seed Bank and Sovereignty Gardens.

Ben Cohen is an author, herbalist, gardener, seed saver, and educator. Cohen is also the owner of Small House Farm and the founder of Michigan Seed Library. He has published numerous works on seed topics, including his most recent book, Saving Our Seeds.

Hillie Salo created One Seed One Community, an open sourced community initiative to grow and save seeds for seed libraries and the community. She is a long time gardener and garden educator in the San Francisco Bay Area and a member of Slow Food South Bay.
Time

May 14, 2020 02:00 PM in Eastern Time (US and Canada)