Community Meeting - Thursday, 6/4/20, 6-7 pm PT #communitymeeting

Sandjar

Hi folks,

The first Thursday of the month the seed library community has an open conversation, last night I was really thinking that we need to help communities now figure out how to put together a grow out program since many seed libraries rely on seed company donations and with the rush on seed there is likely to be a sharp decline in seed donations. Additionally, many libraries have said getting seed returns has been low so having a grow out program would support this too. Years ago I put together resources for a grow out program that are posted on SeedLibraries.net. I hope I have time before the meeting on Thursday to look over them. However, I encourage you to look at what you have done in terms of engaging community members in growing a diversity of seed and also look over those resources to see if you have ways to supplement or improve those resources.

The One Seed, One Community is a great program for engaging folks in growing seeds, but the focus of this conversation is on providing a diversity of seed for our community for next year. So think of strategies, community partners, etc. that might support the building of a diverse seed shed.

Here is the log in info for the meeting:

Join Zoom Meeting
https://us02web.zoom.us/j/528170593?pwd=MjBhc05tTnpsZGZqaWtPbzg5SlMyQT09

Meeting ID: 528 170 593
Password: UpBeet!
One tap mobile
+16699009128,,528170593#,,1#,430930# US (San Jose)
+13462487799,,528170593#,,1#,430930# US (Houston)

Dial by your location
        +1 669 900 9128 US (San Jose)
        +1 346 248 7799 US (Houston)
        +1 253 215 8782 US (Tacoma)