Re: Hello #GettingSeeds

Mary Walsh

Hi,
Our seed library is in an academic library in a small, rural community with a unique growing climate (high alpine desert). We hold an annual "Community Seed Exchange" on National Seed Swap Day (last Saturday in January). In the five years we've been doing this, attendance is continually increasing. During the exchange, I network with the gardeners and ask for seed donations. So, this is how we get our seeds. It helps that there are a couple of community orgs that help support this work... a community greenhouse and a local foods coalition that has a gardening initiative. Hope this helps!
- Mary

On Wed, Jun 17, 2020 at 10:57 AM <jandjhomesteadcottage@...> wrote:
Hello All, I am wondering how you go about getting seeds for your Libraries?

--

Mary Walsh, MLS
Nielsen Library, Adams State University