Moderators needed for Up Beet! Forum #volunteer

SeedLibraries.net

Hi Seed Folks,

I think it would be very wise to have some more moderators for Up Beet! in addition to myself.  Besides being really busy with work (I'm a middle school science teacher) and I didn't realize there were a couple of emails pending approval. Additionally, I was exposed to COVID and that made me concerned that if I fell ill new messages would not be approved. Fortunately, the results came back negative, but we need several more moderators. It probably would take less than 10 minutes a month.

Only new people that post get moderated, then they can post without approval after that. It doesn't take a lot of time once I set you up as a moderator. Basically, you set up your notification to receive a message when there is a new comment to moderate, then you just hit "reply" and that approves the message and sends it out or you can delete it or make a private comment to the writer if it's a message that would be better sent as a private message to one person instead of the group. I usually only have a handful of new posts a month. Like I said, less than 10 minutes a month of time, but it is critical to create redundancy and having other moderators will create a more resilient system.

Let me know if you can help out.

Peas and justice,