Re: Collection Development? #GettingSeeds #SeedQuality #IncreasingReturns

bbhijosa

Hi all and Happy New Year!

Wow, thanks for all that info and support :)

Rebecca, woad, weld and madder are very weedy here, it's easy to understand that there they are declared invasive, so you must be very careful about flowers, seeds and roots if you grow them.

I'm from Madrid, here I've been part of a community garden in the university, and there too, I collaborate with a small dye garden inside the botanical gardens of the UCM university, although they don't have any website for that corner, or a seed library (and could be a great activity there... just thinking aloud).

I've seen seedlibraries website and as I have more information I can send it for your site if your want to. As, for example, a list of the 4 or 5 spanish seed libraries, that now are not operating as we are on christmas until next week... It's quite nice you have a part devoted to dye plants, and that you advocate to include them in seed libraries with related activities, as plants are not used by humans to eat, but also to improve our health, to dress or making homes. And all other kind of activities made to activate a library used to be very interesting and fun.

I heard of fibershed, even a week ago or so, I was with a couple of dyers and talked about it. So I will 'study' their website --- so much work to do :).

bye for now,
bonifacio barrio hijosa

El mié., 1 ene. 2020 a las 6:18, SeedLibraries.net (<seedlibraries@...>) escribió:
First of, I am a big fan of Fibershed.com. The movement started in Marin County, which is where I work, by a woman named Rebecca Burgess. She has a lovely booked called Harvesting Color

Betsy, what a neat idea about gamefying the watermelon grow out / selection! Love that. I wish I could have been there for that one. :)

Justine, I'm not sure which book or report you are referring too. Here is a list of some of the books Richmond Grows is in - you are in most of those too. So maybe it is one of those. I have a separate list of researchers and their research papers. If it's not one of those, I can share that. There are about 20 people. Maybe you are thinking of Daniela Soleri?

!Feliz Año Nuevo a todos!