From: main@seedlibraries.groups.io <main@seedlibraries.groups.io> on behalf of Susie Jenkins via groups.io <sjenkins@...>
Sent: Sunday, November 21, 2021 2:40:21 PM
To: main@seedlibraries.groups.io
Subject: Re: [seedlibraries] Uncertain donations

The first thing that comes to my mind is to use the mystery seeds in a seed swap "as is" (you could give them a funny category name like "Seeds of Adventure", or something). Pre-covid we have always had our "Seedy Saturday" the last weekend in January. Of course that didn't happen last year, and may not happen this coming January either depending on what the group gatherings protocol is by then.

I have been trying to think of alternative formats to host seed exchanges, but haven't come up with any ideas yet. If we had the space it might be nice to have a longer version -- maybe a week or two instead of all in one afternoon, that way people could participate without bunching up. It might be more difficult to keep the area clean and organized though. At our regular seed swaps I always have volunteers and master gardeners in attendance to keep it fun, informative, and organized.

I agree with you that it always seems like such a shame to "weed" our seed selection. This fall I had just a few carrot seeds that have been here since 2017 and, rather than tossing them in the trash, I planted them in a large pot on my patio. I didn't expect much to happen, but the pot is now full of carrots... go figure!

--

Susie Jenkins
Adult Programming

This e-mail is a public record of the City of Sandy and is subject to the State of Oregon Retention Schedule and may be subject to public disclosure under the Oregon Public Records Law. This e-mail, including any attachments, is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure, or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please send a reply e-mail to let the sender know of the error and destroy all copies of the original message.

Disclaimer

This email has been scanned for viruses and malware, and may have been automatically archived by Mimecast, a leader in email security and cyber resilience. Mimecast integrates email defenses with brand protection, security awareness training, web security, compliance and other essential capabilities. Mimecast helps protect large and small organizations from malicious activity, human error and technology failure; and to lead the movement toward building a more resilient world. To find out more, visit our website.