Re: #GettingSeeds #NewSeedLibrary #FoodAccess #NativeSeeds #NewSeedLibrary #GettingSeeds #FoodAccess #NativeSeeds

bsflower13@...

Hi,

We just completed our first year of our seed library. Our primary focus has been on providing seeds to grow food. We have taken in both kinds of seeds but before we put them out to be taken we germination test them and only let seeds with 80% or higher go into the library. We have never purchased seeds for our library but have had people donate packets as well as saved seeds. We are expanding this year to grains and native plants. We started with veggies, herbs, beans, flowers and we got our first report that we gave away over 1k seed packets. So exciting to see an idea come to fruition. https://www.facebook.com/wnyseedlibrary/
My advice to you would be start with including any seed except (no-gmo or hybrid) to get it going and to get volunteers excited to help and then lean your focus on micro-climate specific once you are up and running.