Topics

Community Zoom Call. Monthly Theme: Upskilling - Thursday May 14, 6pm PT #Calendar #communitymeeting

Sandjar

Dear Community Members,
This month we would like to start doing something different with our community meetings. Once a month, instead a regular update meeting we will have a themed conversation. This first one of such themed conversations will take place in our community call on Thursday, May 14, 6pm PT
This month's theme is Upskilling. Please bring stories, examples, experiences as well as questions about Upskilling for growing, saving, distributing seeds.

Join Zoom Meeting
https://us02web.zoom.us/j/528170593?pwd=MjBhc05tTnpsZGZqaWtPbzg5SlMyQT09

Meeting ID: 528 170 593
Password: UpBeet!
One tap mobile
+16699009128,,528170593#,,1#,
430930# US (San Jose)
+13462487799,,528170593#,,1#,430930# US (Houston)

Dial by your location
        +1 669 900 9128 US (San Jose)
        +1 346 248 7799 US (Houston)
        +1 253 215 8782 US (Tacoma)
        +1 646 558 8656 US (New York)
        +1 301 715 8592 US (Germantown)
        +1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)
Meeting ID: 528 170 593
Password: 430930
Find your local number: https://us02web.zoom.us/u/kbfoEHTGyT

Sandjar

Hi All,
Here is the chat from today's meeting. The next meeting will be in June. Look out for the announcement.

Chat Log:
https://workspace.oregonstate.edu/course/master-gardener-series-vegetable-gardening
Absolute Beginner’s Vegetables: http://seedlibraries.weebly.com/covid-19-resources.html
From naomi (they/them) to Everyone:  09:16 PM
my internet is being spotty right now. I may have to leave :/ sorry in advance
From Jolene Reid to Everyone:  09:18 PM
A dear friend of mine is a post doc (and Rhodes scholar) who recently published this article on pest management  https://theconversation.com/growing-your-own-food-during-the-coronavirus-pandemic-plan-for-pests-136793
From Rebecca Newburn to Everyone:  09:42 PM
https://farmsafetyns.ca/mind-the-gap/
From Jolene Reid to Everyone:  09:45 PM
Canadian mental health association local branch that ran a one week gardening/mental health promotion last week https://www.facebook.com/cmhatruro/
and this is the book I know, on the topic, best https://www.amazon.ca/Horticulture-as-Therapy-Principles-Practice/dp/1560222794
From Me to Everyone:  09:52 PM
https://www.reddit.com/r/Libraries/
From Rebecca Newburn to Everyone:  09:56 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x4fW7a-1mfw
From Jolene Reid to Everyone:  10:06 PM
A really great food skills curriculum from newfoundland http://foodsecuritynews.com/Publications/RCR_Full_Workshops(Feb2013).pdf

ms.naomisolomon@...

Thanks so much for letting me listen in and learn from y'all today. I collected a lot of gems from y'all that I can hopefully put to good use sooner rather than later. I look forward to digging in to this site a bit more and connecting with more folks from Community Seed Network and such as well. Until later!