Topics

Mini Seed Libraries in Santa Fe, NM #COVID-19

Christine Salem

I want to thank this group for inspiring the Santa Fe Seed Library (a project of the Santa Fe Extension Master Gardeners) to free our seeds from our covid-closed library and distribute them to multiple locations across Santa Fe area using what we called Mini Seed Libraries. We distributed around 5,000 seed packets over 3 weekends. Here is a link to a press release that describes the program. http://newscenter.nmsu.edu/Articles/view/14255/santa-fe-master-gardeners-mini-seed-libraries-great-success

We distributed 5 times as many seeds and reach many more people with this community-outreach approach as we did last year. Something to think about for next year's program.

Sandjar

This is amazing. Thanks for sharing!!!