Seed libraries in community spaces #seeds

Hi Seedfolks,

I have some awesome plants that a Peruvian friend gave me and interestingly, my Nepalese neighbors say they are Nepali. Oh! how plants travel. Then my Nepalese neighbors gifted me some mustard seeds and cilantro that they got back home. We are putting in two little pop-up seed libraries in the community. One at my favorite Nepalese restaurant and another at the Himalayan Grocery Store. I'm making labels letting folks know that we would love to be able to share special seeds with the community if they have them. I think this may be a great way to go in supporting our community to steward and share seeds.

Peas and justice,

Rebecca

Lauren Muscatine

I love this so much. Did your Nepalese neighbors translate for you? Or did you translate the name online using another method? Worth emulating! Thanks for the update. Lauren

Rebecca Newburn

They translated the names for me, but the box I did on Google Translate. I asked them to look over it, but I had a short turnaround time to get this out so I just went with Google Translate. It is a good idea to keep to simple sentences so that the translation is more likely to be accurate.

Best wishes,
Rebecca

--
Rebecca Newburn
Pronouns: she/her/ella

I acknowledge that my home sits within the 'Chochenyo' land today that is the unceded traditional ancestral homelands of the Chochenyo, an Ohlone people.

Contact Me Facebook Flickr