Video #ClimateResilience #ResilientGardens #education #seeds

Pat

https://vimeo.com/461468727?fbclid=IwAR1KkHEAUIePBWKXlXJ5vKo6XDTF0NR8eBpLmIdwjN04nvKPFMPGw3nS_N4

En Nuestras Manos / In Our Hands
EPISODE 8: Open-Pollinated Seeds
Goal: Reduce dependence on seed companies, encourage seed saving, biodiversity and climate resilience

Matt Drewno of Victory Gardens for Peace has been busy setting up an open-pollinated seed bank in Mendocino, California. For over 5 years Matt has worked with other local seed initiatives in preparation for the uncertain times we all now face.

This came out last year, but was new to me. Sharing it so more people can learn about Matt Drewno and his amazing work. The video also feature a couple of clips of Alan Chadwick, who ran a garden project here in Covelo, California back in the 70s and inspired many biodynamic practioners here and around the world.

Enjoy!
Pat

Elizabeth Johnson

Thank you for posting Pat!!!  What a great overview of seed saving values!  Thank you Matt!  It was my first view of your Mendocino gardens.

Yesterday I did half hour recording on seed saving for a new AA degree program at Cuesta College, combining Nutrition, Culinary Arts, and sustainable farming practices, but this vimeo far exceeds anything I expressed from my kitchen table even though some of the phrases were the same.  I’m forwarding it to the nutrition/culinary arts instructor I spoke with yesterday with the hope that she will use it in this semester’s class and will also post it on the SLO Seed Exchange fb page.

Cheers,

Elizabeth

On Jul 22, 2021, at 10:08 AM, Pat via groups.io <psobrero57@...> wrote:

[...]

Justine

This is so wonderful! Thank you for sharing and thanks to all who were involved in making it…saw some lovely, familiar faces J

Justine Hernandez, she/her | Librarian | Seed Library

Sam Lena South Tucson Library | 1607 S 6th Ave. Tucson AZ 85713

520.594.5268| Justine.Hernandez@... | www.library.pima.gov